American expats in the UK face many obstacles to successfully growing their wealth. These cross-border financial planning issues are complex, but do not have to be overwhelming.
You are exclusively invited to a presentation designed to address the unique investment management and financial planning issues currently facing American citizens living in the UK. Effective investing for American expats requires a deep understanding of tax and reporting rules in multiple jurisdictions. This presentation addresses common issues encountered by American investors living in the UK and provides an overview of compliant U.S./UK financial planning strategies.
Topics to be covered include:
• Building a strategic and tax efficient investment portfolio
• Use of U.S. and UK retirement accounts
• FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and its consequences
• UK residency and domicile rules
• Currency management
• International estate planning
• College savings
• Planning for families that include a non-U.S. spouse